Profile of Dr (Mrs) Mary Adewumi Odedare
Mary Adewumi was born on 12th April, 1969. She was born to Mr Ibraheem Dende and Sikirat Abake Dende of Atufata compound, Asipa, in Isale Oyo of Oyo State. She was initially named Mariam Dende being a Muslim by birth, but as God would have it she got converted to Christian through her uncle (Mr Ajibade J. O) whom she lived with when she was young, although her father was late but her mother is still alive. Mary Adewumi is the third child of her parent.
Mary Adewumi had her primary Education at Aatan Baptist primary School I, Koso, Oyo between 1976 and 1982 after which she proceeded to Isale Oyo Community Grammar School, Oke Oroki, Oyo for her secondary Education between 1982 and 1987. Immediately after her secondary Education, she got admitted to the then St. Andrews College of Education now Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, for her Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) where she studied Guidance and Counseling with Political Science between 1988 and 1991
Later she got admitted to the Premier University, University of Ibadan, for her first degree (B.Ed) and second degree (M.Ed). By the year 2015, she bagged her Doctor of Philosophy in Education (PhD) from the same University of Ibadan with specialization in Education Psychology and School Counseling.
In the course of her academic pursuit, Mary Adewumi had written some dissertations which include:
- Effects of marital problems on Academic performance of St. Andrew College of Education students. Oyo.
- Influence of Marital problems on Academic performance of Married students in Federal college of Education (Special) Akinmorin, Oyo.
- An investigative study on the Determinants of Academic performance of students in selected secondary schools. In Atiba Local Government Area, of Oyo State.
- Psycho-social factors as correlates of bulling among in-school adolescents in South-Western Nigeria and a host of others.
- She also has articles in learned journals.
Mary Adewumi has worked in several places as sales girl of which was her first experience. Also she has worked in some private schools as class teacher and principal. Her work experience as a teacher ran through Nursery, Primary, Secondary and University where she worked as an adhoc and part-time lecturer
Administratively, Mary Adewumi is an Administrator per excellence, because of her vast experience in the field of administration which has afforded her the opportunity to head several places in the capacity of head of department, principal, and now a proprietress of her own school, Ambassadors Nursery, Primary and Ambassadors Academy as the Secondary arm of the school.
Mary Adewumi engages in other activities outside her main business:
- She is the chairperson School Governing Board for Isale Oyo Community Grammar School, Oke Oroki, Oyo, since 2017 till date.
- Also, she is a lecturer in Theology and Demonology at Victory Bible College of Ministries, Christian Race Pentecostal Assembly, Oyo.
- At the same time she is a Cadet Marshal of Emmanuel Alayande College of Education.
- She is a member and treasurer of Rotary Club International, District 9125 of Oyo Metropolis club, Oyo State with RI Number: 10513648
- Mary Adewumi being a proprietress of Ambassadors Academy has served at different levels in National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools. (NAPPS)
She has served in the following capacities:
- Oyo NAPPS Zonal Treasurer 2007 -2009.
- Oyo west NAPPS Treasurer 2009 – 2011.
- Atiba Local Government NAPPS Chairperson 2015 – 2017.
- She was Oyo State NAPPS Vice President I (2017 – 2021) and there are attestations to her positive contributions to the growth of NAPPS at each level she has served.
- Currently, she is the Chairperson Oyo State NAPPS from July 13th, 2021 till date.
She has the following wards to her recognition:
- Recognition Award: National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools, Oyo Zone, 2012.
- Recognition Award as Chairperson: National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools, Atiba local Government, Oyo State, 2017.
- Meritorious Services Award: As CADET Marshal 2019.
- Recognition Award: As a Facilitator at PERIDOT Global Line Consult for the year 2019.
Mary Adewunmi married to her heart throb, Pastor, Doctor, Surveyor Kayode Oyeniyi Odedare almost three decades ago and blessed with children.
Mary Adewumi likes reading, writing, teaching and traveling.